The day was already amazing when I last wrote. Then even more incredible things kept happening.
1. Mattie and I went on another little nature walk at dusk. The turkeys were out in force. Mattie made a new puppy friend named Nickel who lives in another cabin. THEN we found an awesome boulder on a secret side trail. It's all pebbly and gnarly and blue. That is the REAL COLOR. I could hardly believe my mind. And I bet there are more out there...
1. Mattie and I went on another little nature walk at dusk. The turkeys were out in force. Mattie made a new puppy friend named Nickel who lives in another cabin. THEN we found an awesome boulder on a secret side trail. It's all pebbly and gnarly and blue. That is the REAL COLOR. I could hardly believe my mind. And I bet there are more out there...
![]() |
| Holy cow. |
2. We came home and I had my favorite soup in the world - tomato rice. Mattie and I were sitting all cozy in our respective sleeping bags, drinking tea and writing about nanoparticles. Then visitors came. Unannounced visitors!!! On Paradise Road! This is groundbreaking stuff.
Our neighbors from down the lane, the sweet Doug and Anne, knocked on our cabin door and brought us warm peach pie. Warm. Peach. Pie.
![]() |
| Get real. Warm homemade peach pie, delivered straight to the cabin porch. |
A lot of good happened last night and today. It feels like the universe is agreeing with me.


Comments
Post a Comment