Skip to main content

2/3: Good news and good people in February


Hi again friends and family! It's been all beautiful on Paradise Road, with new friends, bright skies, silly turkeys, our fox buddy, and wonderful visits with old friends from my hometown. 

I'm trying to make up for time I lost with the flu, so am working my tail off - but not without a few breaks. 

Last weekend I went to SLO for my Dad's birthday. We had a great time at the Melodrama, and it was fun hanging out with the crew (me, mom, dad, Dylan and Jessie). 

This week I drove Danielle and Cole to the airport (they flew to Utah to ski for Nell's 30th birthday) and picked them up last night. A short visit, but always great to see them. 

Yesterday, John and Mary Ljung (they're the ones I stay with in Mono City in the Eastern Sierras!) stopped by on their way back from LA. We had lunch at Cold Spring Tavern, checked out the old stagecoach tracks, and ate some amazing baked desserts made by their daughter Heather. Mattie and I were very sad to hear about the passing of their sweet dog, and our buddy, Pepper - she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge after 17 healthy, happy years with them on the Central Coast and in the mountains. All dogs should be so lucky. 

So we've had wonderful visits, and the sunsets have been unreal. The picture above is the view from Paradise Store, and below from my front porch at the cabin. 


As always, my best friend Mattie is hilarious and awesome and keeps me company while I write.  

Cabin party. 
Today, my Superbowl Party = writing about nanoparticles, eating spaghetti, hanging out with the turkeys, going on a nature walk with Mattie, and having a fire at the cabin. Everything is perfect.

Love,

Allison and Mattie DOG

Comments

  1. glad to hear you are feeling better again!! And Mattie too!!! Dawn, Kevin & da cats

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH Hey GUYS!!! I keep meaning to give you a call! The new kitties are adorable and I can't wait to meet them - Mattie wants to say hi, too, but is afraid of scaring them away. I'm happy to be healthy again...a lot of work to catch up on, but it's great up here. Someday you'll have to make it to our cabin in the woods!

    The next 2 weeks or so are really busy, but after that we'll start planning a trip down to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment