Hey everyone!
We had a great weekend, and made a last minute decision to spend a week and a half on the coast around a Friday wedding in Camarillo! So we're home. Like, home home. In SLO.
Last weekend on the east side was stunning. The thunderstorms made it even more special than usual (and cooled it off a little, which was crucial). Greg came down for a few days, we watched the World Cup finals with John, Mary, Elin, Nathan, Aria (sp?), Gabe, and the Elusive Nora at the Mono City house (thank you for hosting a great World Cup party!), wandered around and looked at all kinds of mortars, climbed at the Bachars and the Ice Creams, swam in the perfect water at Lundy Lake, ate at the Mobil, and watched the supermoon rise over a serene Mono Lake.
Yesterday, Mattie and I decided we wanted to see Yeti and Dad, and friends in SLO and Santa Barbara, so we made the long (and hot...I mean, so stupidly hot) drive through Yosemite (gorgeous, with rain), grinding through Oakhurst, Fresno and Lemoore (the worst), and finally cruising down the grade into SLO on a gorgeous cloudy evening.
We're spending a few days at home with the parents before heading south for a night at the cabin (YAY), then on to Rhett and Avital's wedding in Camarillo Friday, then back north for a few days before making our way to Tahoe.
Surprisingly, I did not sleep well last night in my bed (you'd think I'd pass out quickly after 9 days in the dirt). I think we hear too many things when it's not all drowned out by the rushing of Lee Vining Creek at the summer home. Still, it's awesome being back to hang out with Yeti and Dad. We went on a long walk this evening and just made some dinner with all kinds of ingredients from Yeti's wine barrel garden.
Dylan and Jessie are coming down this weekend. I'll be seeing my best friends in SB on Thursday and Friday (and hopefully Saturday). Lindsey is coming to SLO early next week. I started a secret statistics website for my students that hasn't gone public yet but is making me so fired up I can hardly handle it.
Just another unbelievable, beautiful, happy, warm, dirty, delicious week in great places.
With love from Home,
Allison & Mattie
![]() |
| It's okay. |
![]() |
| Storms are the best. Afternoon clouds off of Oil Plant Road. |
![]() |
| Dinner. |
![]() |
| Greg with an all-time mortar he found. This thing was a beast. |
![]() |
| Full moon yellow belly moonrise over Mono. Just one of those really good days. |





Comments
Post a Comment