Skip to main content

9/16: And just like that, we're back on the coast.


Yesterday, we drove out of the mountains. 

After a wonderful week with Sid and Anni, and a final beautiful long weekend at the Lee Vining Creek  home, we drove south on the 395 and hit the Alabama Hills just as the sun left Lone Pine in the dark on a perfect Eastern Sierra night. 

I always feel like a little of my heart stays there.

So before I get all sentimental about how my life is unreal and lucky and I love both my summer and non-summer homes more than I can say, here's what happened since Hawaii...in pictures.


We spent a lot of time with the little monsters, and got to celebrate Sid's 8th birthday.
You were born EIGHT years ago?
Where did those years go?
I love you.

We painted faces and had a cake. 
Anni the creepy bunny and Sid the creepy puppy.
Caught stealing cookie dough.
We made cookies, hatched sea monkeys,
made bracelets, built Legos, watched Star Wars,
played soccer, climbed, walked with Mattie,
read stories, played games, and hung out a whole lot.
They are the best little ones.
We drove south to Lee Vining, and spent a long weekend
climbing, wandering, exploring, eating, visiting with
my wonderful Sierra family John and Mary, hanging out
at the Mobil Station, sitting in Laughing Places, playing cards
and relaxing on lake shores in the mountains.

My little heartbeat. 

Lunch at a Laughing Place.
Cheese and crackers.
Happy puppies.
Obsidian and volcanic tuff.
Eagle nests and animal bones.

The creekside home. I love you, Lee Vining Creek. I miss you already. 

Everybody needs to play in the dirt sometimes.
If you're not getting dirty, you're not playing enough.

I love hugging this dog.
We miss you Milo! Thanks for protecting us this summer!

Greg found a perfect seat in the tuff.
Westward to the Sierras. 

Hey, we miss you too!
Many fun days and nights of climbing,
swimming, hiking, walking, getting lost,
snorkeling, Shave Ice and mellow mountain
evenings with you this summer.
THANKS GREG!

My favorite lakeshore trio.
June Lake serves up a perfect day for our
last summer afternoon in the mountains.

Finally, my little travel buddy.
My best friend, adventure companion,
constant source of hilarity and love.
How many more of these summers do you have in you, old girl?
Thanks for another unbelievable summer
spent traveling with me, Mattie Mae!
SO, that's how Summer 2014 Travels with Mattie ends.

Thanks for following our silly adventures, everyone! 

Love from a warm end-of-summer front porch,

Allison and Mattie Mae

Comments

  1. awesome pictures! you had a great summer!! sorry we didn't get to see you down here, but we understand! xoxoxox D&K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment