Hi everyone! It's been a good week up at the cabin. A lot of writing, hiking, writing, writing, writing, hiking and other weird things (like learning how to swing dance and celebrating for Bobby's 30th birthday).
Mom and Dad came down for part of the day last Friday. We did a great hike, saw a big rattlesnake!!!, a beautiful gopher snake, then we swam in the river while an amazing couple with a pet duck hung out on the riverbed next to us. Really, a duck. It was just hanging out like a dog. Mattie got a little confused, but mostly didn't care.
Here are some pictures of our adventure day (not in order):
![]() |
| Mr. Gopher. |
![]() |
| Big fat Mr. Rattlesnake. |
![]() |
| And his rattles. |
![]() |
| Post-hike river adventures. Beautiful Friday. |
![]() |
| Green phase Yeti and stylish Dad in the middle of a long hike. Here, at the high point on the Aliso Trail. |
OH! More exciting cabin news: Foxy Shazam is back after a long hiatus. He's as handsome as ever. I also revived a big gorgeous wolfie spider who was accidentally in my sink when I started washing dishes. I dried him off with a blow drier, and pretty soon he uncrumpled his wolfie legs and walked off. Now he has a good home under the bench on the porch. It's good to have spider friends.
...and seriously, I'm learning how to swing dance and two-step. It's hilarious. At some point I'll post a video so you can all see how stupid I look.
Back to writing!
Love,
Allison & Mattie Dog





Comments
Post a Comment