Hi everybody!
It's been another great week up on the east side.
Last week, after a couple days (and showers) in Reno, I headed south (with Sid and Anni) to meet Yeti and Dad back along Lee Vining Creek. We walked around the sagebrush and in the evening went to the Mobil, where Sid and Anni danced like crazy hippie children for 3 hours straight to the wonderful Sweetwater String Band. It was awesome. Also, more fish tacos.
On Friday, Scott and Laura came down and we all hung out at Mono Lake where (most of us) floated like bobbers, Sid cried because the salt stung her skin all over, we washed off and fished in Lee Vining Creek before getting ice cream (and Mono Bars, duh) at the Mono Market, went fishing (again...Scott was there...), and ate at the Mobil AGAIN BECAUSE IT'S AMAZING. We had a campfire with s'mores.
The next morning (Saturday) they all left (for home or Bass Lake) and Mattie and I were alone for a whole FOUR HOURS before Greg drove down to meet us...of course, in time for the soccer game. Then we wandered, drank a few beers at the creek home, and fell asleep early after a dinner of salame, cheese, crackers and MONO BAAAARS.
Sunday: more soccer and I got bit by biting flies at Lundy Lake. They are the worst. I swell up like a balloon. We hiked around dirt roads off of the June Lake Loop and generally spaced out for the day. Greg left Monday and Mattie and I have been painting, exploring, working and eating Mono Bars for the week.
Yesterday we got to watch the USA-Belgium (aww man) game with ELIN at the Latte Da - can you imagine a better place to watch the World Cup? You easily forget about losses and terrible shanks when you are eating chips and guacamole with a good friend over Mono Lake. Things are just wonderful.
Today I finished a painting, and (DRUM ROLL) reinvented my art website, this time through a much friendlier hosting service. The newest painting is up, too!
Check it out at: www.allisonhorst.com
TOMORROW many best friends (SAM! SARA! DANIELLE! COLE! BOBBY! ADAM! LIZ! and of course, GREG AND MILO!) are coming up to the mountains for the 4th of July weekend. It's gonna be the BEST, and Mattie and I can't wait to see everyone!
And now, a short and silly movie of our adventures this week:
With love from the Latte Da,
Allison & Mattie the Mortar Dog
Last week, after a couple days (and showers) in Reno, I headed south (with Sid and Anni) to meet Yeti and Dad back along Lee Vining Creek. We walked around the sagebrush and in the evening went to the Mobil, where Sid and Anni danced like crazy hippie children for 3 hours straight to the wonderful Sweetwater String Band. It was awesome. Also, more fish tacos.
On Friday, Scott and Laura came down and we all hung out at Mono Lake where (most of us) floated like bobbers, Sid cried because the salt stung her skin all over, we washed off and fished in Lee Vining Creek before getting ice cream (and Mono Bars, duh) at the Mono Market, went fishing (again...Scott was there...), and ate at the Mobil AGAIN BECAUSE IT'S AMAZING. We had a campfire with s'mores.
The next morning (Saturday) they all left (for home or Bass Lake) and Mattie and I were alone for a whole FOUR HOURS before Greg drove down to meet us...of course, in time for the soccer game. Then we wandered, drank a few beers at the creek home, and fell asleep early after a dinner of salame, cheese, crackers and MONO BAAAARS.
Sunday: more soccer and I got bit by biting flies at Lundy Lake. They are the worst. I swell up like a balloon. We hiked around dirt roads off of the June Lake Loop and generally spaced out for the day. Greg left Monday and Mattie and I have been painting, exploring, working and eating Mono Bars for the week.
Yesterday we got to watch the USA-Belgium (aww man) game with ELIN at the Latte Da - can you imagine a better place to watch the World Cup? You easily forget about losses and terrible shanks when you are eating chips and guacamole with a good friend over Mono Lake. Things are just wonderful.
Today I finished a painting, and (DRUM ROLL) reinvented my art website, this time through a much friendlier hosting service. The newest painting is up, too!
Check it out at: www.allisonhorst.com
TOMORROW many best friends (SAM! SARA! DANIELLE! COLE! BOBBY! ADAM! LIZ! and of course, GREG AND MILO!) are coming up to the mountains for the 4th of July weekend. It's gonna be the BEST, and Mattie and I can't wait to see everyone!
And now, a short and silly movie of our adventures this week:
With love from the Latte Da,
Allison & Mattie the Mortar Dog
Aww man, miss you! Tell the crew I send my love! Have a great 4th!
ReplyDelete-Rick
That machete bit was way too short. I WANT TO KNOW MORE.
ReplyDeleteLove the post. Wanna go back to the mountain! Watch out for those SEA MONKEY'S!
ReplyDeleteY and Dee
Drug music is never appropriate.
ReplyDeleteJ. Walter Finklestien
Did the American Indians celebrate the 4th of July in ancient times? If not, how come they have mortars everywhere! See, I've run circles around you logically.
ReplyDeleteyour friend
Osmar
Hum Alto,
ReplyDeleteSu perro esta comiendo muchos bambinos Si? Hay mucho calor en los montanias? Usted ve mucho Futball? Donde esta Steven Segal y Tio Beasley? Vive los raptors. Hecho dos pelos azul de mantequia de veras?
Juan de D
7 to 1........ really?@#!#$$$%&^$$^&?$@!#% Mueller?
ReplyDelete