Back on the grid for a few minutes - still camping at Convict through Tuesday (with the family), then up north a ways to Lee Vining/Mono City where I'll be teaching a painting workshop and spending some quality time with the wonderful Ljung family.
Tried to do some paintings yesterday, but two little gremlins decided they also wanted to paint - the distraction leading to a great morning of arts and crafts but not any finished products (for me).
My favorite painting of the day was a portrait that Sidney did of me, titled "Aunt Allison in the Mountains." I love it.
And this is just a great picture of Yeti and Anni at the campfire.
Tried to do some paintings yesterday, but two little gremlins decided they also wanted to paint - the distraction leading to a great morning of arts and crafts but not any finished products (for me).
My favorite painting of the day was a portrait that Sidney did of me, titled "Aunt Allison in the Mountains." I love it.
"Aunt Allison in the Mountains" by Sidney Scott Horst, June 29th, 2012
And here are the artists at work, with Mount Morrison in the background:
Sid painting from the campground.
Annika painting a "Treasure Map."
And this is just a great picture of Yeti and Anni at the campfire.
I'm having the greatest time up here. Mattie is getting used to the tent. It's great hanging out with family. AND YESTERDAY WE SAW A BALD EAGLE GRAB A TROUT FROM THE LAKE FROM ONLY 50 YARDS AWAY. It was incredible.
Back to the wild! I promise more paintings soon - maybe when the wonderful, adorable little artists have gone home.
Love,
Allison & Mattie




Comments
Post a Comment