Skip to main content

7/3 - Moving north (a little)

Hi again!

We're back in Mammoth, after a full morning of moving from my camp home at Convict, saying goodbye to my parents and family, and heading up the 395 then the 203 to Lake George. Mattie and I have a perfect little campsite overlooking the lake. The weather is still unbeatable.

Home for the night. Lake George, Mammoth Lakes. 

Within about five minutes of setting up camp, we looked out into the lake and saw a beautiful light-golden black bear splashing around. The picture sucks because we stayed in camp, but here you can see him in the water. His head is on the left, behind the branches.

BEARS

 Did a horribly frustrating, but now finished, painting of Mt. Morrison again before leaving Convict. Eh.

"Mt. Morrison, late morning" by Allison and Mattie
**This painting has been traded for a future weekend in San Diego. 

But then, did a really fun painting at dusk, looking down into the Owen's Valley from Rock Creek Road above Tom's Place. One of the easiest, most stress-free plein air paintings I've done in a while. I love this one. 

"Dusk above Tom's Place" by Allison and Mattie Dog
**This painting has been traded for unlimited showers at Casa de Elin in Mammoth Village.

Right as I finished that painting, the full moon came up over the ridge, and Mattie and I packed up the car in great moonshadows and a warm breeze before heading back to camp for a final night with Mom and Dad. 

Now we're really off on our own - but looking forward to seeing friends in Mammoth and Lee Vining, the painting workshop next weekend, and many more nights under friendly skies. 

Love from Mammoth Lakes, 
Allison & Mattie Dog



Comments

  1. Nice campsite, watch out for those bears. (I have an original Albertosan hanging in my reading room. I rescued it from the garbage man, don't tell the Y. Bears? who cares, its them yeti's ya gotta watch out for, I know -D)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment